10 Gründe, warum ERwin & Saphir für SAP/R3-Entwickler
unverzichtbar sind (Englisch):
1. Clear E-R diagrams of your SAP R/3 system - graphical presentation
of complex data structures greatly assists both business & technical
users to better understand their SAP R/3 environment. Saphir and
ERwin combine to provide the only tool-set capable of generating
comprehensive E-R diagrams of customer specific implementations
of SAP R/3.
2. Makes SAP R/3 look like any other data source - without a good
understanding of the meta data, the SAP database is like a 'black-box'
- holding vital business information but with no clear 'map' as
to how the information is structured. Saphir and Erwin unlock the
complex meta data structures of SAP and make R/3 as understandable
as any other data source in the enterprise.
3. Analysis with no impact on SAP R/3 operational system - other
than an initial meta data extraction Saphir makes no demands on
the SAP R/3 operational system. Saphir creates its own repository
of the meta data, allowing multiple users to carry out fast &
sophisticated analysis and sub-modelling tasks with zero operational
4. Unsurpassed Meta Data detail - few data environments are as
large & complex as SAP R/3. Saphir effortlessly extracts full
logical, physical, descriptive and relationship information from
the SAP R/3 specific data dictionary. Allowing users to browse through
the meta data and to create sub-models based on their specific search
or project criteria.
5. Meta Data Navigation by Application Module - Saphir also allows
users to navigate the data structures via the SAP R/3 application
modules. This makes browsing and searching far more efficient for
users interested only in a particularly functional area.
6. Publish meta data to the enterprise - ERwin's sophisticated
web publishing capability is a most effective way of sharing the
SAP R/3 meta data, models and diagrams across the business &
technical user communities.
7. Reduce dependency on SAP R/3 team - often the only source of
SAP R/3 data structure intelligence lies with the SAP team. Restrictive
and expensive for any data modelling or integrated meta data management
work involving SAP R/3 data. Saphir reduces this dependency through
it's meta data intelligence capability. Putting the data modellers
and business users back in control.
8. Compare differences between SAP R/3 releases & installations
- each new release of SAP R/3 brings major problems understanding
the changes to data base structures and assessing the impact, particularly
where user developed systems enhancements are involved. Saphir solves
this by allowing comparisons or impact analysis between different
SAP R/3 versions. This comparison facility is also valuable when
managing multiple or global implementations of SAP R/3.
9. Enable the design of data warehouses & add-on applications
- these are the 2 key application areas for Saphir & ERwin.
Identifying the relevant SAP tables and mapping these to the warehouse
design are critical to a data warehousing project whether SAP BW
or a 3rd party tool-set is used. This data structure information
also provides vital input to the development of the data movement
programs (ABAP or 3rd party). Integrating or extending a SAP system
presents similar meta data intelligence challenges and Saphir &
ERwin provide the required understanding and modelling platform
for this design work.
10. Cutting the SAP R/3 model into manageable sections - the SAP
R/3 model has around 25,000 base tables. As such it is difficult
to consider how to make meaningful sense of this model without a
specialist tool such as Saphir; sub-setting and feeding manageable
sub-models to a modelling tool such as ERwin.
Sie wollen einen Beweis der Leistungsfähigkeit von Saphir?
Kein Problem. Nennen Sie uns einen SAP/R3-Bereich für den Sie
ein ER-Diagramm benötigen und wir werden Ihnen innerhalb kürzester
Zeit ein druckbares Dokument zusenden. Fordern Sie uns! Wenden Sie
Tel.: ++49 941 8 30 36 20